United Language Group
Search for Global Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing
United Language Group (ULG) is one of the world’s largest and most innovative translation, localization and interpreting providers. With offices in seven countries and three continents, they are the trusted, full service Language Solutions Partner for hundreds of regulated and non-regulated businesses.
ULG offers a full range of machine and human translation options, terminology management, multilingual desktop publishing, digital localization and interpretation services. Additionally, its proprietary, encrypted machine translation platform, OctaveMT, is a secure, confidential, translation solution for professional users challenged with speed and volume requirements in HR, legal, financial and IT sectors.
Fueled by a relentless drive for “True North,” ULG is committed to transforming global business and the language landscape one word at a time.
Vision – A world in which language is no longer a barrier.
Mission – To transform language barriers into opportunities by providing smart, seamless and secure language solutions that help businesses win in the global market.
Pursuing an aggressive acquisition strategy, ULG has grown dramatically since its formation in 2015, spurred by private equity investment and continued organic expansion. With additional acquisitions in the pipeline, the Company has plans to continue on its impressive growth trajectory, differentiating itself through its innovative portfolio of offerings and the highest commitment to quality.
For more information about United Language Group please visit: www.unitedlangaugegroup.com.
ULG is seeking a Global Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing (EVP) to build on the Company’s track record of success and help drive its next phase of growth. This leader will report to the President and serve as a key member of the executive team, contributing to enterprise strategy and stewarding ULG’s brand and culture with internal and external stakeholders.
The EVP will oversee the global sales and marketing teams, develop effective market strategies and infuse scalable infrastructure to drive top line growth. Through ongoing analysis of current and potential verticals, channels and services, the EVP will continue to best position the Business’s full range of products and services. This leader will be responsible for the integration of the sales function following any acquisition and develop a high-performing sales team that consistently meets or exceeds targets.
President, Kristen Giovanis
Global Vice Presidents of Sales (3)
Other Key Relationships:
Chief Financial Officer & Chief Operating Officer, Karrie Willis
Chief Technology Officer, Christopher Crowhurst
Vice President, Global Operations
Strategic Director of Global Operations
Managing Director, Strategic Integrations
The role is required to spend significant time at ULG Headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and also requires significant travel to meet business needs. Commuting arrangements will be considered.
40% to 50%
Sales & Marketing Leadership
- Provide visionary and strategic leadership for the global sales and marketing teams, developing and implementing strategies for the departments in accordance with ULG’s strategic business plans and position the Company for long-term growth.
- Review and, as needed, redefine the sales structure and go-to-market strategy to optimize revenue and capitalize on organic and inorganic growth opportunities.
- Lead the marketing team to establish successful support, demand generation, lead follow-up, channel and partner programs.
- Engage the sales and marketing teams in creating industry and vertical-specific market approaches, including differentiated value propositions.
- Define departmental KPIs to effectively evaluate effectiveness of sales and marketing initiatives; track and review results against KPIs on an ongoing basis, making adjustments as needed to meet objectives.
- Coordinate with sales leadership to ensure data related to customer and prospect interactions is captured and provides accurate sales forecasting.
- Develop tools, reports and mechanisms to communicate sales reports and other internal intelligence to the sales and marketing organization to align the teams with enterprise objectives and enhance employee engagement.
- In partnership with Human Resources, design sales incentive programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Personally work to develop direct reports, as well as create and coordinate training programs that enable team members to achieve goals.
- Ensure the team is delivering the highest level of quality and meeting compliance standards.
- Collaborate across the business, working closely with other executive officers to align Business efforts.
- Partner with the Chief Technology Officer, delivering voice of customer feedback to inform the Company’s product and service offerings and help proactively position the Company for long-term growth.
- Continuously monitor team performance, analyzing and communicating information to key stakeholders, including the Board of Directors and investors.
- As appropriate, support other key enterprise initiatives, including acquisition and integration activities.
- Personally represent and promote the Company at industry events and business meetings, building and maintaining positive relationships with key clients industry contacts.
As a leader at ULG the EVP is expected to demonstrate the following leadership competencies:
Understands the market, identifies trends and drives the organization to create comprehensive, competitive and breakthrough strategies. Prioritizes strategically, leading the organization to pursue and capitalize on the best opportunities.
Possesses strong intellectual curiosity and the ability to analytically, conceptually and critically evaluate information to determine relative strengths and weaknesses of ideas and proposals. Comfortable managing ambiguity and balancing action with the appropriate level of risk.
Coordinates the establishment of plans to achieve objectives, adapting and adjusting near term plans to proactively anticipate what is next. Ensures adequate capabilities are present and effectively allocates and deploys resources, time and people.
Seeks an integrated understanding of current and evolving customer needs and guides the company to support the interests and success of customers accordingly. Continuously monitors customer experience and establishes systems to incorporate feedback and anticipate opportunities to deepen relationships.
Creates an environment that supports collaboration by facilitating communication and coordination across all parts of the organization. Builds an intentional and cohesive culture that aligns functional agendas and unites the team.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned sales and marketing leader with a minimum of ten years of experience in progressively more responsible leadership roles. A successful track record of leading sales and marketing in a growing, global organization is required, as is prior profit and loss responsibility in an organization of at least $150M in revenues. Acquisition and integration experience is a plus. Direct industry experience is not required, but depth in services industry is key as is proven large business-to-business sales success.
This individual must be both strategic and results-oriented. S/he will be a confident leader who is resolutely focused on aligning sales and marketing goals to meet or exceed Company operating metrics and financial objectives. S/he will operate with a high degree of urgency and self-motivation, and have a track record of making sound decisions with limited data. The ability to quickly prioritize multiple initiatives will be key. The ideal candidate must be able to effectively establish structure while maintaining the energy and spirit of an entrepreneurial culture. Proven experience developing and implementing go-to-market strategies is particularly relevant.
The ideal candidate must be an exceptional team builder and sales coach, who has outstanding people management, interpersonal and communications skills. S/he will have the demonstrated ability to evaluate and improve sales processes, implement tools and procedures to drive accountability, and galvanize teams to adopt behavioral change to improve customer focus and collaboration. Expertise in consultative sales concepts and methods is preferred, as is experience defining differentiated value propositions.
This individual will have the ability to contribute to and build a positive organizational culture that embraces customer focus, collaboration and results. S/he will work in partnership with other executive leaders to inform and execute overall enterprise strategy. S/he will have demonstrated judgment and values that align with the core values of ULG.
Strong academic credentials, including a bachelor’s degree, are required, and a graduate degree in Business Administration is preferred. A strong work ethic and the highest ethical standards are expected.