Twin City Fan Companies, Ltd.
Search for Chief Financial Officer
Twin City Fan Companies, Ltd. (Twin City Fan) is comprised of a diverse group of fan companies that manufacture a full spectrum of air moving equipment. Products range from heavy duty custom fans for industrial applications to custom OEM fans to a wide variety of HVAC supply and exhaust fans for the commercial plan and spec market. With industry-leading engineering and manufacturing capabilities and a long-standing reputation for proven quality, the Company has a track record of tackling the most technically complex applications within the global fan industry.
Headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, Twin City Fan offers manufacturing and service operations in the United States, Europe, India, China and Singapore. Products are primarily sold under the trade names of Aerovent, Clarage and Twin City Fan & Blower, as well as Azen Manufacturing Pte., Ltd. in Singapore, TCF India, TCF China, and TCF Vzduchotechnika Ltd. and Clarage Turbo Technology in the Czech Republic.
Family-owned and operated since its founding in 1973, Twin City Fan is currently led by third-generation President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Michael Barry. With 1,200 employees worldwide and 2017 revenues over $250MM, the Company is profitable and poised for growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.twincityfan.com.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President, Human Resources (VP, HR) will serve as a key leader in the Organizationand is responsible for developing and executing the overall strategy of the Human Resources (HR) function in support of TCF’s goals, objectives and culture.S/he will participate in all decisions involving major policy and strategic issues, setting corporate objectives and measuring performance against these objectives for TCF. The VP, HR will ensure continued soundness of HR objectives and be responsible for keeping leadership fully apprised of talent matters.
Chief Executive Officer
Director, Human Resources – Operations
Director, Human Resources – Business Partnerships
Other Key Relationships:
Chief Financial Officer
Executive Vice President, Materials & Corporate Services
Executive Vice President, Twin City Fan & Aerovent Sales
Senior Vice President, Sales Operations
Senior Vice President, International Sales
Vice President, Marketing
Vice President, IT
Vice President, Manufacturing
Vice President, Clarage Sales
Board of Directors
Regular travel is required as needed to fulfill the needs of the position (approximately 25%).
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to influence strategy, serving as the internal expert on talent and functional trends, and championing innovation and continuous improvement.
- Create, articulate and execute a vision for the Organization’s human capital strategy and drive initiatives leveraging new technologies and incorporating best practices from other industries.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to align business and HR strategies across all business units.
- Develop HR planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps.
- Advise business leaders on change management, performance issues, responding to employee or community concerns, compliance or ethics investigations, etc.
- Participate in and facilitate the development of the Strategic Plan andpresent talent-related material to the Board.
Human Resources Leadership
- Provide leadership and strategy development to HR, organization development, employee relations, talent acquisition and total rewards.
- Evaluate the department structure, and with the team, plan for continual improvement of efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources.
- Lead the HR teams to serve as true business partners and provide the highest level of services to all operational business units in TCF, including field and corporate.
- Maintain knowledge of international HR policies, programs, laws and issues. Understand the differences of domestic and international policies and programs and coordinate the integration of all such programs.
- Focus energy on creating and implementing talent acquisition, development and retention programs that differentiate TCF as an employer of choice.
- Continue to develop a competitive total rewards philosophy that will support a progressive employment brand and further Organizational objectives.
- Review and evaluate current systems and programs, ensuring relevancy to all employees.
- Utilize and leverage external resources as needed to provide the necessary technical and functional expertise to support organizational needs.
- Develop, motivate and retain high-performing HR and organizational development teams to meet current and future organizational needs. Provide leadership and coaching aimed at stimulating continual improvement and efficiency while providing individual growth opportunities.
- Promote teamwork and collaboration across all of TCF, serving as a trusted partner supporting functional and enterprise-wide goals in alignment with TCF’s Core Values.
- Ensure effective and productive relationships with the field HR team across all sites.
- Establish collegial and open working relationships with the senior leadership team and leaders of TCF’s manufacturing sites.
- Personally model and champion TCF’s Core Values, fostering alignment, buy-in and participation.
- Manage other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health, and community relations.
As a leader at Twin City Fan the VP, HR is expected to demonstrate the following leadership competencies:
Human Resources Expertise
Demonstrates highly developed subject matter knowledge and thought leadership in HR. Stays abreast of trends in the field and appropriately disseminates knowledge throughout the Organization.
Understands the business and its objectives, identifies relevant trends and drives the Organization to create comprehensive, competitive and breakthrough strategies. Prioritizes strategically, leading the Organization to pursue and capitalize on the best opportunities.
Highly adaptable and able to quickly assess situations and determine how to move objectives forward. Actively breaks down cultural and operational barriers to change while communicating and reinforcing the objective in ways that help people understand and embrace it.
Creates an environment that supports collaboration by facilitating communication and coordination across all parts of the Organization. Builds an intentional and cohesive culture that aligns functional agendas and unites the team.
Proactively anticipates future needs and creates a mechanism for overcoming hurdles, setting high standards for the Organization and holding others accountable. Ensures organizational strategies are translated into measurable objectives and actionable plans.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic HR leader with a minimum of fifteen years of progressive leadership experience. This person will bring proficiency and experience across a full range of Human Resources sub-functions, ideally with depth in talent acquisition, learning and development, employee relations and total rewards. S/he will be a true partner to the business, and have successfully and repeatedly developed and implemented HR strategy in support of business objectives.
Experience in a multi-site manufacturing environment is strongly preferred. However, experience in a business or industry with similar talent dynamics to TCF’s will be considered. International experience is also strongly preferred. Experience in a privately-held company is preferred but not required.
The ideal candidate will be a visionary change agent who can partner cross-functionally to achieve organizational goals. S/he will have a proven ability to think creatively, challenge the status quo and create the new and the different through strategy development and achievement.
Highly developed communication, planning and facilitation skills are crucial, as is a track record that demonstrates the ability to act as a trusted internal consultant, maintaining confidentiality and serving as advisor to senior leaders. The ideal candidate will be able to relate to a broad set of audiences, building credibility across the Organization, from board members to the field.
The ideal candidate will be responsive, collaborative and people-oriented, and have unquestionable integrity. S/he will be a proven leader of people and have experience building and developing successful teams. S/he will inspire others to work with urgency and enthusiasm, and promote and model the Company’s culture and Core Values.
A bachelor’s degree in HR or a related field is required. A master’s degree is preferred.