Twin City Fan Companies, Ltd.
Search for Chief Financial Officer
Twin City Fan Companies, Ltd. (Twin City Fan) is comprised of a diverse group of fan companies that manufacture a full spectrum of air moving equipment. Products range from heavy duty custom fans for industrial applications to custom OEM fans to a wide variety of HVAC supply and exhaust fans for the commercial plan and spec market. With industry-leading engineering and manufacturing capabilities and a long-standing reputation for proven quality, the Company has a track record of tackling the most technically complex applications within the global fan industry.
Headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, Twin City Fan offers manufacturing and service operations in the United States, Europe, India, China and Singapore. Products are primarily sold under the trade names of Aerovent, Clarage and Twin City Fan & Blower, as well as Azen Manufacturing Pte., Ltd. in Singapore, TCF India, TCF China, and TCF Vzduchotechnika Ltd. and Clarage Turbo Technology in the Czech Republic.
Family-owned and operated since its founding in 1973, Twin City Fan is currently led by third-generation President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Michael Barry. With 1,200 employees worldwide and 2017 revenues over $250MM, the Company is profitable and poised for growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.twincityfan.com.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be a strategic, results-driven professional who will have overall responsibility for financial leadership of the Enterprise.S/he will participate in all decisions involving major operating policy and strategic issues, setting corporate objectives and measuring performance against these objectives for Twin City Fan. The CFO will ensure continued soundness of financial controls and be responsible for keeping leadership fully apprised of financial matters.
The CFO will serve as an integral member of Twin City Fan’s executive leadership team and play a central role in driving growth and optimizing business performance. Focused on the future, the CFO will bring analytical rigor to all aspects of the Business, infusing analysis and financial discipline to improve decision-making, capitalize on growth opportunities and appropriately manage risk.
Chief Executive Officer
Other Key Relationships:
Executive Vice President, Materials & Corporate Services
Executive Vice President, Twin City Fan & Aerovent Sales
Senior Vice President, Sales Operations
Senior Vice President, International Sales
Vice President, Marketing
Vice President, Human Resources
Vice President, IT
Vice President, Manufacturing
Vice President, Clarage Sales
Board of Directors
11 in the US
Travel, including internationally, is required as needed to fulfill the needs of the position.
- Share in the continued development and execution of the Company’s strategic plan, identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Recalibrate existing strategies as needed, tying them to operations to ensure all levels of the Company are tracking to meet targets.
- Assume an active and vocal role on the executive team to define strategies that deliver on business objectives. Provide informed and data-driven perspective about relevant financial and operational considerations for the business.
- Monitor general economic and industry trends, anticipating their impact to the business and providing analytical insights for sustainability and continued growth.
- Assist in the development of business plans by providing relevant financial analysis and modeling.
- Create and refine operational analytics and metrics in support of planning, sound business management and continuous improvement.
- Lead financial aspects of merger and acquisition activities including opportunity identification, due diligence and negotiations as requested.
- Develop, recommend and deliver on short- and long-term financial objectives, strategies and analyses of the business, providing leadership of financial planning, forecasting and budgeting to ensure revenue, expense and other business objectives are met.
- Oversee all aspects of accounting and tax operations, establishing and ensuring compliance with accounting procedures and policies to ensure the integrity of the Company’s financial data and external reporting.
- Ensure that the Company appropriately manages reporting requirements, currency risk, transfer pricing and other aspects of Twin City Fan’s international business concerns.
- Oversee cash flow and effectively manage intermediate and long-term investments and liabilities, maintaining sound capital structure, ensuring adequate resources and liquidity to meet current and future needs.
- Oversee cash flow, setting corporate policies that meet the needs of the Business.
- Lead the annual budgeting and planning processes.
- Develop and implement tax strategies to minimize applicable tax liabilities, advising the CEO & President, and Board of Directors accordingly.
- Oversee all core financial technology systems, including the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, and develop robust systems to enhance analytic and business intelligence capabilities. Support the implementation of technologies that will further business objectives.
- Recruit, develop and retain a high-performing Finance team to effectively meet the current and future needs of the business.
- Manage external advisory relationships, including auditors, bankers and tax advisors, and work closely with insurance carriers, surety companies and other external service providers.
- Partner effectively with the banking community, periodically reviewing and negotiating terms of financing.
- Utilize and leverage external resources as needed to provide the necessary technical and functional expertise to support the Business.
- Promote teamwork and collaboration across Twin City Fan, serving as a trusted partner, and coordinating and communicating across the Organization to ensure well-orchestrated work efforts.
- Personally model Twin City Fan’s Core Values.
As a leader at Twin City Fan the CFO is expected to demonstrate the following leadership competencies:
Understands the market, identifies trends and drives the Organization to create comprehensive, competitive and breakthrough strategies. Prioritizes strategically, effectively deploying resources, time and people.
Proactively anticipates future needs and creates a mechanism for overcoming hurdles, setting high standards for the Organization and holding others accountable. Ensures organizational strategies are translated into measurable objectives and actionable plans.
Creates an environment that supports collaboration by facilitating communication and coordination across all parts of the Organization. Builds an intentional and cohesive culture that aligns functional agendas and unites the team.
Highly adaptable and able to assess situations quickly and determine how to move objectives forward. Actively breaks down cultural and operational barriers to change while communicating and reinforcing the objective in ways that help people understand and embrace it.
Possesses strong intellectual curiosity and the ability to analytically, conceptually and critically evaluate information to determine relative strengths and weaknesses of ideas and proposals. Comfortable managing ambiguity and balancing action with the appropriate level of risk.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic finance leader with a minimum of ten years of progressive experience in senior-level finance roles. S/he will be highly analytical and should possess strong technical proficiency across financial planning and analysis, accounting and internal controls, and financial reporting. Proven strategic leadership in an enterprise or business unit of similar complexity and scale is required. Experience in manufacturing and a track record that includes success in an international company are requisite.
The ideal candidate will inherently take an enterprise-wide view of the business and will have previously demonstrated influence across multiple functions within an organization. S/he will be a proactive business partner to senior management and possess a track record of developing and implementing financial strategies that support the achievement of business objectives and further growth. S/he will have experience leveraging analytics to influence business strategy. Experience in a dynamic, growth-oriented company is beneficial, as is experience with M&A.
The ideal candidate will also have a track record of developing and enhancing tools and systems that advance her/his organization’s data-based financial and operational decisions, inform strategy, improve forecasts and drive performance.Experience overseeing technology system implementations is a plus, and a commitment to continuous improvement will be highly-valued.
The ideal candidate will be collaborative by nature, with highly developed communication and interpersonal skills. S/he will possess a record of success in coaching and mentoring high-performing teamsand will thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. S/he will inspire others to work with urgency and enthusiasm, and promote and model the Company’s Core Values.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting a Board of Directors and be familiar with governance structures and processes. Experience in a privately-held company is preferred but not required. A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field is required. An MBA is preferred.