Search for Executive Vice President, Regional Operations – Construction
Founded in 1948, Harris Company is a leading national mechanical contractor specializing in design and engineering, construction, controls, service, manufacturing, conveyors and end-to-end building systems. The mechanical contractor has grown to ten regional offices and employs over 1,600 employees across the United States. Harris was ranked #41 in ENR’s 2017 Top 600 Specialty Contractors and #10 among Mechanical Contractors nationally with 2017 revenues over $450MM.
Harris operates three core businesses – Construction, Service and Controls – which have all grown dramatically under the leadership of the firm’s CEO, Greg Hosch. Harris Controls was recognized as Honeywell’s Contractor of the Year in 2015. Headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota, Harris is an employee-owned company and benefits from a long-tenured senior management team with deep expertise in mechanical contracting.
The Company’s projects vary in size, scope and complexity, ranging from new construction to upgrades of historic buildings. Some of Harris’ more notable projects include:
- S. Bank Stadium – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- VA Medical Center – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Salt Lake City International Airport Redevelopment – Salt Lake City, Utah
- Tesla Gigafactory – Reno, Nevada
- Washington National Cathedral – Washington, D.C.
- Orchestra Hall – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- T-Mobile Arena – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Minnesota State Capital Renovations and Improvements – Saint Paul, Minnesota
- National Institutes of Health – Bethesda, Maryland
- American Airlines – Tempe, Arizona
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital – San Francisco, California
Every facet of Harris’ business is guided by these foundational elements:
To deliver high quality end to end building systems, collaborating with our customers and addressing challenges with innovative solutions.
To be a trusted partner, delivering excellence by relentlessly challenging ourselves, the industry, technology and our customers.
Remarkable people. Remarkable results.
We do whatever it takes in an honest, fair and transparent way. Creative collaborators passionately partnering in your success.
The Harris Culture
Built on a Foundation of Operational Consistency
Empowered team members united in common purpose working together without barriers and delivering remarkable results.
With Endless Determination to Go Farther & Reach Higher
Our commitment to continuous improvement and business growth is supported by flexibility, mentorship and personal development.
Trusted Relationships Bring Everything Together
We are one team, caring for and respecting each other and our customers, bringing out our best in a fun, hard-working and safe environment.
For more information about Harris please visit: www.harriscompany.com.
Through a combination of a conservative acquisition strategy and securing several strategic projects, Harris has more than doubled in size over the last several years. The Company’s leadership has identified the need for a senior-level operations leader as Harris continues to grow and evolve. This newly created role, Executive Vice President, Regional Operations – Construction, will guide the overall operations of Harris’ Regional Construction businesses and serve as a key executive for Harris Companies.
The Executive Vice President, Regional Operations – Construction provides organizational leadership and has full profit and loss responsibility for the construction business units supervised. In conjunction with the COO and the Organization’s Executive Leadership Team, in partnership with all construction leaders, s/he will develop the Construction organization’s short- and long-term goals and strategies. This individual will also act as a right-hand leader for the COO, developing and implementing the objectives and policies of the Organization to achieve overall company objectives, maximize operating results, ensure profitable growth and fulfill Harris’ commitment to the community.
This leader is expected to actively develop talent to ensure team succession and to help create a Destination Workplace culture at Harris.
To meet its customer needs regionally, Harris has multiple offices in key operating areas within the United States, including Saint Paul, Northfield, Zumbrota and Rochester, Minnesota; Salt Lake City and Ogden, Utah; Phoenix, Arizona; San Francisco, California; Las Vegas, Nevada; Capitol Heights, Maryland and Bellingham, Washington.
Chief Operating Officer, Michel Michno
Vice President + General Manager, Las Vegas
Vice President, Operations, District of Columbia
Vice President + General Manager, Phoenix
Senior Vice President + General Manager, Saint Paul
Vice President, Operations, Rochester
General Manager, Construction, Salt Lake City
Senior Vice President + General Manager, Bellingham
Other Key Relationships:
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Senior Vice President + General Manager, National
Vice President, Service
Vice President, Controls
Director, Business Technology Solutions
Vice President, Human Capital
7 direct reports with 1,200+ indirect reports
This leader will be based at Harris Headquarters in Saint Paul, Minnesota or other major metro area where Harris has a Regional Office
- In partnership with the COO, set, communicate and oversee implementation of the strategic direction for all construction business units supervised.
- Develop and continuously refine metrics for success.
- Evaluate alternative market strategies and identify and resolve competitive issues.
- Ensure that Harris’ value proposition is clearly communicated and adhered to.
- Work with Business Unit management teams to develop local strategic plans aligned with Harris’ overall strategy and monitor progress against the plans.
- Lead day-to-day operations for Harris Construction Businesses in alignment with strategic and financial goals, including full P&L responsibility.
- Lead the “Safety First and Always” doctrine for Regional construction business units.
- Manage Union relations alongside Business Unit leaders.
- Provide leadership, management and the vision necessary to ensure that construction business units have the proposed operational procedures, controls, systems, capacity and people in place to effectively deliver projects and sustain growth.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to leverage capabilities and synergies across business units and geographies to enhance results.
- Remain informed about industry trends, advancements in technology and best practices.
- Initiate and coordinate the implementation of technology initiatives in collaboration with Harris’ business Technology Services department to ensure Harris is competitively positioned within the industry and marketplace.
- Instill an environment of continuous improvement throughout the Organization. Lead the development of processes that drive improvement of key performance areas that most impact results.
- Ensure the Organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Partner with other department leaders and/or staff to resolve issues as needed.
- Work in concert with the COO, CFO and other senior leaders to develop and implement annual business plans that support and advance the business.
- Partner with COO to recommend annual budget and forecasts for Board approval and prudently manage the Organization’s resources within those budget guidelines, maximizing profitability, to support a stable and predictable business.
- In collaboration with the CFO, conduct monthly evaluations of project profitability, ensuring findings are incorporated into financial statements and communicated to the COO.
- In partnership with COO, ensure appropriate allocation of the Company’s capital to the Company’s priorities to meet short and long-term objectives.
- Build and develop a high-performing team that embraces high expectations, is results-oriented, collaborative, engaged, creative and promotes the Harris values and culture.
- Collaborate and partner with the National Construction, Service and Controls leaders to support Harris’ global objectives.
- Support and encourage a process for attracting and developing quality talent, building a talent pipeline and develop succession plans to ensure leadership continuity and stability over time.
- Model the leadership necessary to make the Organization’s mission a success, while establishing and maintaining a leadership presence throughout the Organization to influence others.
- Model and be an example for the Harris culture, values and competencies.
- Provide advice, guidance and direction to subordinate executives and leaders toward their professional development.
- Advocate/promote organization and stakeholder change related to the Organization’s mission/value proposition, vision, values and culture.
- Create, communicate and ensure implementation of the Organization’s vision, mission/value proposition and overall cultural direction.
- Ensure employees in organization receive regular communications related to company strategy, financial results, culture and values in order to drive employee engagement.
- Hold organization members responsible and accountable for carrying out all aspects of the Organization’s mission/value proposition, vision, culture and strategy.
- Ensure all organizational initiatives and activities comply with relevant laws and regulations.
Business Development & Relationship Management
- Positively represent Harris in its relationships with major customers, prospective customers and vendors to promote a confident image in the industry and position Harris for future opportunities.
- Initiate, support and participate in business development opportunities as appropriate, providing leadership and guidance to senior management about which opportunities to pursue as needed.
- Attend key meetings to ensure client satisfaction.
- Continue to build sales and marketing expertise within construction and service business units leveraging the Harris brand.
- Support success of Harris Controls and Service.
Board Governance, Administration & Support
- Support operations and administration of Board of Directors by partnering with COO to advise and inform Board Members.
- In partnership with the COO, focus Board attention on long-range strategic issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
As a leader at Harris, the Executive Vice President, Regional Operations – Construction is expected to demonstrate the following leadership competencies:
Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Drives Vision & Purpose
Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Builds Effective Teams
Building strong identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned construction industry leader with at least fifteen years of senior-level experience. This person will be a proven operations executive who has extensive specialty and/or general contractor experience, ideally in a business of similar complexity and scale to Harris.
Experience in a dynamic, growth-oriented company is beneficial. A strong understanding of mechanical systems is preferred, while a design background is a plus. Union experience is also helpful.
This person will have a broad leadership background including demonstrated experience with customer relations, business development/project sales, marketing, estimating, employee relations and financial management. A track record of driving results while fostering a positive work environment is essential. The ability to read and comprehend construction documents and a history of construction management (labor and projects) is essential.
The successful candidate will embrace technology and have a proven ability to implement tools and processes, including software solutions, to drive operational excellence and support sustainable business growth. The ability to optimize and standardize processes leading to consistent adoption of best practices is key to success in this role.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader of people and ideally have experience managing and developing a staff of comparable size and sophistication. A track record of successful hiring, coaching and mentoring high-performing individuals (particularly project manager talent) and multi-disciplinary teams to effectively anticipate company needs and achieve short- and long-term goals is a must.
This person will be collaborative by nature and possess highly developed interpersonal and communications skills, as well as the ability to develop chemistry with a variety of stakeholders including senior management. A leader who enjoys participating in sales strategy and proposals and who desires to be customer-facing at times is desired.
This person will have a humble, roll-up-the-sleeves and approachable style. S/he will be proactive and candid in offering input and be comfortable engaging in healthy debate about issues. Strong detail-orientation and accuracy is key. A commitment to continuous improvement and relentless focus on safety is highly valued.
A bachelor’s degree in business administration or a construction-related technical degree is required. An MBA or other advanced degree is preferred. Demonstrated proficiency of math and analytical skills is essential. The successful candidate will personally possess traits that are consistent with Harris’ values and leadership competencies. The highest ethical standards are assumed.